I have observed a pattern the past couple of weeks. The day after chemo treatments, mom feels good and even has some "pep." On Saturday, for example, she swept and dust-mopped the living room floor, peeled potatos, put together an awesome casserole, and even got in some reps with her barbells. I realized that this does not last longer than a day or so.
It seems there is a pattern where one good day, the one after chemo, is followed by several days when she has some difficulty taking in calories, getting up and down the stairs, moving around the house, and staying awake for more than a few hours at a time. There are also temporary and thankfully short-lived bouts of naseau here and there but it has not gotten to the point where she has to take the medication they gave us for that. Overall while I think these days are not good, neither are they bad, but just okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment